Saturday, January 25, 2014

Hooray for Arrays!!!

I love taking a dull math concept and turning it into something exciting for my kiddos. I taught repeated addition arrays for the first time last year when NC adopted CCSS. We were so BORED with graph paper. I created my Hooray for Arrays! set out of absolute necessity. The title was originally an inside joke with myself. (I was really thinking Arrays are Yucky). However, after I created this set (and changed my bad attitude), I realized that arrays really can be fun.

Last weekend I did a total remodel on this product and then we spent the entire week together. :)
On Tuesday, we established the definition of an array. 



On Wednesday, we explored arrays using goldfish. 



On Thursday, we had fun practice with different array centers. 



On Friday, we arrayed all around the room. 




Now that this set has officially been kid tested and teacher approved it is ready to go out into the world.

You can find my Hooray for Arrays! set at my TPT by click here or on the image below. 








2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you gave arrays another chance. They can be great learning tools. Have you used the book Amanda Bean's Amazing Dream? It would work well with your product.

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I loved this unit when we first taught it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...