Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Shapes

Sooo . . . I am starting this blog because
  1. I LOVE teaching math!
  2. I need to get a head start on all of these common core changes! (My county is converting in the coming school year, which starts in July for me!)
  3. I like to make things. :)
My first post is basic. I was exploring the Common Core Standards in Geometry and decided to make some quick and easy signs for the shapes that second graders are required to know the names of.  I decided to keep it simple and only make signs for the required vocabulary so that I will really focus on those terms.

Click on the image to view in google docs! :)

I also found this cool but very simple online activity for exploring 2 Dimensional and 3 Dimensional Shapes. I like how it also extends to discuss how a line is a 1-D shape.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...