Monday, February 13, 2012

Gripe, Laugh, Freebie, & AWARD

The GRIPE: So . . . as a teacher (and maybe just as a person) I am WAY too nice. I know this and unfortunately my students know this too. They know that if they don't raise their hands and walk up to me that I will 8 out of 10 times just answer their question and remind them to raise their hand next time. Some times I tell them to go sit down but then say "Did you need something important?" Argh . . . I am my own worst enemy for SURE. This year I am trying to implement "Ask 3 Before Me." The students should ask 3 friends before coming to the teacher with a question.

The LAUGH: Today while giving a fluency assessment I overheard one of my students having an internal discussion about this only out loud. It went like this "Ms. T! Ms.T! . . . "Oh wait, Ask 3 before me!, Oh wait, I think that this is a Ms. T problem . . . I will ask 3 people if it is a Ms. T problem . . . . okay . . . who would know . . . Tony can I ask you a question? . . . Tony, is ignoring me . . . who else would know???" At this point he had disturbed everyone around him so I just went up to him and helped him solve his BIG PROBLEM, which was that he didn't know if today was the 13th or the 15th . . . . I could kick myself. 

I think it would work if I was a better enforcer . . . so I found this sign and I think that I am going to WEAR IT on my body tomorrow. Yes, I am going to sit and lead my reading groups during Daily 5 while wearing this sign. Maybe both myself and the students will finally get the message. If you are having a similar problem in your class, here is the sign to download from TPT
. . . hence the FREEBIE!

Now for the AWARD! My pal, Jen at Hello Mrs. Sykes has award me with . . . . . drum roll please . .. . the Liebster Award! I googled "liebster" and discovered that it means "beloved or dear," so thanks Jen (and go check out her blog)! :) 
Here it is: (Ain't she a beaut?) 
This award is given to blogs with 200 followers or less. It is meant to give recognition and love to wonderful, upcoming blogs! (How appropriate right at Valentine's Day!)

I am now going to bestow this award on five deserving blogs that I follow: 

I could go on and on about all of the phenomenal IDEAS these ladies have on their blogs, OR you could just go check them out! 

Check back in tomorrow for the next linky party I am going to do, which is Ms. B's "How'd you meet your hunny?" I'm super excited to share the story of how Brandon and I met, which is actually totally LAME, but isn't everyone's?

6 comments:

  1. Why thank you so much! I am honored and very appreciative :). I will definitely bestow this lovely little award on to some other fantastic up and coming blogs to spread the love!

    - Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh out loud; I can picture one of my cupcakes having the same conversation with themselves about if it's a Mrs. Sykes question or not. :) Glad you found worthy blogs to pass along the award, and you are sharing the love!!! Thanks for sharing and making me laugh, again.

    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me chuckle! Thanks so much for the award! =)

    Emily @ Second Grade Silliness 

    ReplyDelete
  4. That story was too funny! Some questions are just soooo important that they require immediate attention : )
    Thanks for sharing the love! Looking forward to following you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and thanks for the cute freebie! I now follow your blog!

    Kaleigh's Klassroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the award! I am honored! I look forward to giving it to another deserving up and coming blogger. Thanks again for the love.

    Kara
    Treadwells Math Adventures

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...